Sunday, July 18, 2010

Soldering 101

I've been lucky to spend some quality time with my friend and teacher, Suzi Blu . Every time we get together I make something fun. She totally inspires me. This particular day, we went bead shopping at South Sun Beads, and then ended up breaking out the soldering stuff. I haven't soldered in literally over 10 years when I took a stained glass class. Needless to say, it's not like riding a bike. (Actually, I got on a bike recently and that was not an easy or pretty sight either...so I don't know where that saying came from!) It takes tons of practice. However, there's something to be said about the rough bad soldering job too. I think it looks kind of old and rustic. Suzi gave me this pretty picture and I added some beads and made it into a little wall hanging.

No comments: