Friday, October 19, 2012

More About Brave Girl's Club

Alma, Cyndi, Gaye, Kat, Anne, Kathren and Alicia
What's more fun than getting together with a group of lovely, artistic friends.  I feel blessed to be part of this little Brave Girls Club.  We all chose to take the online, Melody Ross, Brave Girls Art School.  We rented a room on Sundays, for six weeks, at our local Michael's.  Then we created projects from the class.  It was fun, inspiring and fulfilling.  I think we all learned new techniques, stepped out of our box a little bit, and unconditionally bonded over creating art.

One of our classes included signs.  Again, totally out of my box, at first I was a little frustrated, but eventually I got the hang of it and had fun.


This sign reminds me that I am Happy!  
It's not that I don't know I'm happy, its just that the world around me gets crazy sometimes and I get sort of sucked into this "oh my gosh what am I going to do!" vortex.  

My sign reminds me that all really is great in my world.


Love this Day!  This reminds me to thank God for all my blessings.



I found these words at Michaels, and decided to switch them up a bit from the quote that everyone is familiar with, which is "Live Love Laugh".  This sign reminds me that if we Love with all our heart, and we Laugh often, we are Living the best possible life.





Another week at the Brave Girl Art School was about jewelry art, and words that have meaning to me.  Alma gave me a piece of a belt and I made this bracelet using chip art tools.  
The words "God's Grace" are important to me because everyone and everything I have in my life, I have by the very Grace of God.  Left to my own devices, I would have nothing.

This week, I believe we are working on scenes.  More about that later.

No comments: