Sunday, May 20, 2012

Art With the Doodle Girls

I get the opportunity to spend art time with my friends, Anne and Cynthia, once a month. 

IMG_0714

This is Anne showing us her sweet card.

IMG_0710

On this particular occasion, Anne and I had just gotten back from the Scrapbook Expo and we were so inspired to make cards.

We used a glitter paper that we made ourselves.  Lots of cutting involved, which is not really my thing, but I like the results.  These are mine!

IMG_0711

And, these are Anne’s.  We both used them for Mother’s Day.  I think they are cute!

IMG_0734

On this day, the three of us worked on a Maura Johnson inspired art journal page.  This is Anne’s.  I love her color choices.  I really enjoyed doing this as you can tell from an earlier post.

IMG_0669

This one was made by Cynthia.  The night before, she spent several hours cutting butterflies out of magazines so we would have a nice selection.  I love her placement of the butterflies.  I also really like the way she anchored the girl to the page and to the text with the lines.  I’m going to remember that for my next girl.

IMG_0309

What actually started the little gathering of the three of us was a Traci Bautista online workshop with Strathmore.  We met for five weeks in a row and created some very fun art. 

Traci teaches a fantastic art of doodling and I’ve been doodling on everything ever since.

IMG_0311

Traci also suggested making doodle art for cards and ATC’s.

TB Week 3 (2)

And, finally, she taught us how to make a “Glam Girl,” which I loved.  Here's the beginning of the painting.

IMG_0310And here’s the completed project, where we actually painted the face right on top of the doodling.  This was so fun!

IMG_0462

Another doodle page!

IMG_0463

Another doodle page!  I really enjoy doing this!  It’s relaxing!

IMG_0070

This is Anne’s doodle page that started out like this!  It looks like it could be finished…but no…

IMG_0464

Now it’s finished and a gorgeous piece of art!

TB Week 1 010112 (10)

Anne’s other piece started like this…

IMG_0072

And, ended like this!  Awesome!

TB Week 3 (3)

Here is Anne’s Glam Girl.  Started like this…

TB Week 4 (3)

Here’s another step in Anne’s girl.

IMG_0645

This is not the actual final painting, but rather this is a 1x1” magnet that was made from the final painting.  Pretty dang clever!

TB Week 1 010112 (6)

This is the beginning of one of Cynthia’s doodle pages.

TB Week 1 010112 (14)

Here’s more of the same page!

TB Week 1 010112

Here’s another one of Cynthia’s pages.

TB Week 4 (4)

This is the beginning of Cynthia’s Glam Girl!  Love her!

TB Week 1 010112 (7)TB Week 1 010112 (8)TB Week 1 010112 (11)TB Week 1 010112 (12)

Here are some more of the pages that we created in different stages.

TB Week 4 (2)

This is Laurie’s Glam Girl.  Isn’t she gorgeous!  Love her hair!

End

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hey Girlfriend! :-) Just now seeing this! So cool! So many great times together! Thanks for being my art play buddy! I guess I will see ya tonight at brave girl art school! I feel like a little kid going to first day of elementary school. :-)

I finally completely updated my blog yesterday. I must of entered like 10 or more new posts. LOL! But, I am all caught up now!

http://annesartjournal.blogspot.com

love you,
Anne

Anne said...

Hey Girlfriend! I am just now seeing this post! So fun! We have so many great art play memories together! Thanks for sharing!

I finally got my art journal all caught up yesterday! Whoo hoo...I must have done over 10 or more new posts all in one day...lol.

http://annesartjournal.blogspot.com

I guess I will see ya tonight at Brave Girl Art School. :-) I feel like a little kid all excited and nervous about going to first day of elementary school!

love you,
Anne