Sunday, January 25, 2009

Learning How to Stamp


Yesterday was fun! I took a card/stamping class with Jill Grace at Cool Scrapbook Stuff. Jill is a very creative instructor for A Muse Art Stamps. She introduced me to stamping. I've been scrapbooking for 10 years and have never taken a stamping class. I have a photo box full of stamps, ink pads, embossing powders and a lot of wishful thinking, but never actually knew what to do with them, other than the obvious and it always looked awful. Jill showed us techniques to ensure a good stamp. Loved the class and the absolutely expert cards that I (me) created. Now I know how to stamp and color it in with Copic markers. Copic markers are my new favorite tools. I also love the Elzybells stamps. Go to the website and click on Elzybells. I want the entire collection. I think I have to figure out a way to buy wholesale because I fear a new collection of stamps and Copic markers is looming in my future. I don't see how I can live without them. Thanks Grace for a ton of inspiration. I'm off to make cards with my new Elzybell stamp and two Copic markers.

No comments: