Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Scrapbook Royalty Book Club at the Pink Pineapple


Elena, Cheryl, Jana, Jenny, Kristie


I joined Elena's Scrapbook Royalty Book Club at Pink Pineapple. I had such a good time. There are about 35 exceptionally talented ladies in the Book Club. They all showed their beautiful creations. Wow! I don't know if I measure up, but I think I will learn a lot from these ladies. Each 3-month cycle we work with a book or magazine. This cycle it is Somerset Memories and The Stamper's Sampler, which are extraordinary magazines. The pictures are incredible. Even the paper is special. A cup of tea and one of these magazines makes for a very nice moment in time.

Jana Holstein, Managing Editor of Somerset Memories, Jenny Doh, Director of Publishing of the Stampington & Company publications and Cheryl Waters, Lead Fisk-a-teer for Fiskars, were our inspirational speakers for the evening. Jana and Jenny shared their stories of finding their own creative spirits, and showed us examples of unique art that has been submitted for publication. They shared ideas and procedures of how to submit to the Stampington publications. Cheryl gave us the courage and the will to go ahead and submit our artwork. Cheryl also provided a make and take of an altered tag. I had never done tags before so I was very inspired by all the ideas she offered. All three ladies were so delightful and wonderful. I can't say how much I enjoyed the evening.

No comments: