Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sister, I Love You




Had a change of plans yesterday and ended up in my craft room all day. I was going to work on the Coin Envelopes some more. Didn't get much of that done...but I did make this little collage for my sister. That's us in the picture, when we were little kids. She's actually taller than me now. I got the idea of using the back of a canvas from one of the published artists at Somerset Memories. I painted the canvas back black and purple, used a crackle medium and then painted it off-white. I love the way it crackled. I painted the lace with a homemade alcohol ink. I made the ink by adding pigment powder to a little bit of alcohol. That was fun! The picture was old and sort of crappy so I decided to change the colors just to give it a more artsy look. I gave the collage to my sister this morning and she loved it. I love that she loved it!

1 comment:

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

I love it Kat! I love that you made homemade alcohol ink!! amazing!