Friday, June 5, 2009

Book Club is a Hoot!

Some of the fabulous ladies at Book Club
Lorene and me muggin' for the camera

Have I mentioned that I love Book Club at the Pink Pineapple. Last night our guest speaker was Lorene Yost, an independent sales person for many scrapbooking lines. She demonstrated the Glue Glider, which was our make and take for the evening. She is also an author and has published several articles in magazines. She shared some of her zany experiences and suggested that if we want to write a book...do it and don't give up! I love her spirit and enjoyed her stories.
Elena showing Lisa's embellished toaster.
Christine's wall Collage.
Is this the cutest, pink, fairy doll...thanks Sally.
I feel completely honored!

My favorite part of the evening is everyone sharing what they have created. I absolutely loved the fairy dolls that Sally and Elena's swap group made. Lisa's toaster was so incredible...who would have thought a toaster could be so fabulous. Christine from Scrap Retreat House made this wall collage that absolutely spoke to me. I want it on my wall! That's just to name a few items because I could go on and on. What a talented and lovely group of women to be associated with.
Coin Envelope Swap

Last night was also coin envelope swap night. All I can say is Woot Woot! Look at all the beautifully decorated envelopes. I don't even know what's inside yet. I'm still getting so much pleasure from the envelopes.

Check out the kit that we received from Elena, our Book Club hostess from Scrapbook Royalty. The totally cool Glue Glider was our make and take. I was so busy running around having fun that I didn't get to finish embellishing mine...add it to the list! Tied together in royalty style, is a package of ephemera that I can't wait to play with. Yey! Thanks Elena.

No comments: