Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tribute to Marilyn


I had a chance to do a little art piece at Jackie's yesterday. We were not scheduled to have an art meetup this month, but Jackie's been working on her art studio and wanted a little advice. The studio looks awesome. She has a huge collection of Ephemera and she has managed to get it organized and easier to find. Everything has a home! June and I helped her with a little rearranging of furniture and still had some time for the business of art.

I made this little tribute to Marilyn all from Jackie's stash. I liked Marilyn and thought she died much too early in her life. She was in the middle of life's lessons and never had the chance to reap the benefits of learning the lessons.

The base of the piece is a tile sample. I added paper and some and embellies and of course a picture of Marilyn. I used my Copics markers to make her black and white feather boa, pink. Added the key just because I liked it. Ha Ha. Don't you just love art. It's so freeing! Thanks Jackie for a fun art time.

No comments: