Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ms. Ruby Sue Pondering the Bees and Flowers in the Yard















I just look at this old girl and melt. What a good girl she is and what a faithful loving family member! It’s a glorious Spring day in San Diego and Ruby and I were in the yard taking a couple of pics.

It turned out to be a bit of a yellow day. Do-ya-think? I was trying to get a picture of a bee on this pretty flower. Not too bad for a novice! I bought this digital camera a year or so ago and I love it. My sis helped me pick it out...she has the same one. I was playing with the settings and working on this bee with different settings. This is the best pic I got out of about 10 pics.

I know you're wondering where the bee is in this picture. Bummer! He escaped! Kind of a pretty picture though.
Lemons anyone? These lemons are actually from a dwarf lemon tree that seems to be taking over a corner of the yard. I would never pull it out though. My son-in-law gave me this tree just before he passed at an extremely young age. Another day for that story. I love this lemon tree!

Roses are blooming everywhere. San Diego has the climate for beautiful roses. This particular bush is right outside my office/scrapbooking room window. It's a low window, so I can sit at my desk and be inspired with its beauty nearly year around. If anyone knows how to get rid of aphids without damaging the leaves, please please let me know. I get them every year. They love my roses almost as much as I do.

This is just a cute little place to look. I keep waiting for the wrens or maybe finches to take up residence. I think it would make a fun summer cottage...



Hey Honey, what do you think of our camera? It's so fun. Thanks so much for helping me pick it out. I've never regretted it. Let's not forget to take our cameras to Myrtle Beach and New Hampshire!

No comments: