Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tony Stewart WINS At Talladega



Tony Stewart not only won the pole and sat out in front all day, amidst a terrible crash, but in an exciting finish with Earnhart Jr., he won the race without even breaking into a sweat. He's not a regular in the Nationwide Series, but today at Talladega there was no stopping him. It was his race from the beginning to end. He never even took tires the whole race. Yippee! Way to go Tony! Look for the story at http://www.nascar.com/

According to NASCAR News, Stewart celebrated in Victory Lane with a young girl from the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and dedicated the win to her. He said he told her before the race he'd try to win for her so she could celebrate after the race.

"I told her we'd try, now we're going to have to take her on the road the rest of the year,'' he said of his new lucky charm.

OK, Stewart fans, lets hope for more of the same at the NASCAR Sprint Cup race tomorrow.

I just know my sis is yelling at me right now because she and my son are both Jimmy Johnson fans. Jimmy is a home town boy and he's good, but I just looooove my Tony and he's better.

I've always gone for the bad boy. Guess I still do.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW TONY!

No comments: